Once you have decided to set up an offshore trust, your first and most important decision is the choice of trustee and you will want a trustee that gives you complete peace-of-mind.
The benefits of selecting OCRA Worldwide as the trustee include:
- Independence - OCRA Worldwide has no conflicts of interest. Our trustees always act in the best interests of the beneficiaries of the offshore trust. We do not compromise that position. Thus, independence from investment, legal or accounting advisors is critical and should be an absolute requirement by persons seeking to establish a trust.
- Service - OCRA Worldwide looks to the long term, not the short term. OCRA Worldwide understands that its success is based on the maintenance of long-term personal relationships and trust.
- Expertise - The provision of offshore trust services is not a purely mechanical and administrative role. Judgement and expertise are required. Trust law is a complex and demanding area of the law. OCRA Worldwide has the requisite legal and accounting infrastructure to maintain a high level of professional expertise.
- Size and substance - OCRA Worldwide has been providing trustee services for over 25 years. We are a professionally managed company. Compliance, corporate governance and the pursuit of quality are fundamental to everything we do. Our approach to business and client matters is prudent.
- Value - Many believe that the costs of establishing and administering an offshore trust are prohibitive. It is true that many of the major banks and other financial institutions make sizeable charges for setting up an offshore trust and receive a percentage of the trust assets in annual administration fees. Our level of fees is generally much more reasonable and provides access to trusts to those with relatively modest assets. As all cases are different, fees will be different, but they are probably a lot less than you thought.
- Jurisdiction - OCRA Worldwide's has two dedicated offshore trust companies: OCRA Trustees (Isle of Man) Limited and OCRA Trustees (Seychelles) Limited. Generally, OCRA Trustees (Isle of Man) Limited acts as trustee for trusts having Isle of Man proper law whilst OCRA Trustees (Seychelles) Limited acts as trustees where the proper law is that of the Seychelles.
How to proceed
If you would like to discuss your requirements with one of our consultants, please click here to contact us.